- HP Envy 5540 →
- 123 HP Envy 5540
123 HP Envy 5540 Troubleshooting – HP Printer is Offline (Windows)
Solution – Resetting the printer and checking the connection status
- If the 123 HP Envy 5540 is switched off, then switch on the printer. Now check the printer’s status,
- If the printer can print jobs from the print queue – Then the 123 HP 5540 printer is clearing up the print jobs in the queue and is online. You can now stop troubleshooting the printer.
- If the printer becomes idle after it starts up – Then the 123 hp 5540 printer set up might be online.
- If the printer is still shown as offline – Then proceed as per the steps below.
Follow the below steps to solve printer offline error:
- HP 5540 Printer with a wireless network connection
- Check the Settings menu or the Wireless network to see whether the wireless signal is turned on in the printer.
- Ensure that the Wireless icon light is on and steady.
- HP 5540 Printer with a wired network connection
- Check whether the cable is attached to the Ethernet port of the printer and also attached to a port on the router.
- The green coloured link light on the router should be steady and the orange coloured activity light should be blinking
- USB connection – Ensure that the USB cable is properly attached to the printer and to a USB port on your computer